Almost halfway between Cape Town and Port Elizabeth, and twenty five kilometres from George Airport, lays the tranquil seaside village of Wilderness.
Situated in Waterside Road, overlooking the beautiful Wilderness Lagoon in the scenic village of Wilderness is the elegant and refined Wilderness Manor Guest House. Wilderness Manor is within easy and safe walking distance to golden beaches, restaurants and village shops.
This exquisitely decorated home has an ambience of tranquillity, style and luxury. It is beautifully decorated in a colonial style with fine oriental rugs, family heirlooms, antiques, art, books and collectables. Relax in the spacious guest lounge or billiard / reading room with superb views from the balconies overlooking the lagoon.
Guests can retire to the serenity of four stylish en-suite bedrooms:
three luxury and spacious lagoon facing rooms on the second floor (big bathrooms with separate bath and shower, twin hand basins and heated towel rails), and one standard garden room on the ground floor with a private garden / patio (a smaller bathroom with shower only, single hand basin and heated towel rail).
Look forward to an English and Continental breakfast which is served in our breakfast room, opening onto a sunny balcony overlooking the indigenous forest, where the Knysna Loerie comes to feed…
Owners Gerald and JD provide up-market, luxury accommodation and personal, but discreet service in a refined environment.
Our 4 bedrooms (3 upstairs, 1 downstairs) offer the following:
- En-suite bathrooms with heated towel rails.
- White percale bed linen.
- TV, including selected satellite channels.
- Bar fridges.
- In-room safe.
- Tea / coffee trays.
- Ceiling fans / heaters.
- Same-day laundry services.
- Turn-down service on request.
- Fax and photocopying facilities.
- Wireless connectivity.
- Airport transfers on request.
- Tours and excursions arranged.
ACTIVITIES & ATTRACTIONS
Explore the Wilderness area by:
• Walking on endless beaches and hiking through breathtaking natural forests.
• Canoeing up the winding Touw River.
• Mountain biking on little by-roads or on the beach at low tide.
• Driving through Scenic Mountain passes to the Karoo (a day trip).
• Playing golf at excellent nearby golf courses (no less than 10 to choose from).
• Taking a leisurely steam train ride.
• Watching whales and dolphins, or just relaxing and sunning oneself on the Wilderness beach
(Umbrellas and beach towels are available).
If coming from the direction of Cape Town and George, leave the N2 by turning left into the village of Wilderness at the first Caltex filling station.
If coming from the direction of Port Elizabeth and Knysna, leave the N2 by turning right into the village of Wilderness at the second Caltex filling station.
Follow the road through the village for approximately 400 metres until you reach a stop sign at the T-juction. The Wilderness Resort Hotel is on the left hand side.
Turn right into Waterside Road and proceed along the lagoon for 1 km. Wilderness Manor is a three storey house on the left hand side, 397 Waterside Road.
RATES AND SPECIALS
Rates are seasonal: from R450 - R790.
Rates are per person sharing, per night - including breakfast.
Specials & discounts available - contact us (subject to conditions and availability).
Enquire about our Winter specials: 1 May - 30 September (Except June/July 2010)
Stay for 3 nights and only pay for two nights, including breakfast.