- The Klerksdorp Museum. It was built in 1891 as a prison and served as such until 1973. The house of the warden hosts period exhibitions. It exhibits the Klerksdorp Spheres, metallic spheres that pseudo archaeologists consider man-made.
- The Faan Meintjies Nature Reserve, located about 15 km from Klerksdorp. It has 30 species of game and 150 species of birds.
- The Oudorp hiking trail. It is a 12 km long trail and winds its way through the oldest parts of the town.
- Goudkoppie (Gold Hill) is the city's latest tourist attraction. It is situated near both the N12 highway and the Johannesburg-Cape Town railway line.
- The Oppenheimer Stadium in Orkney will host some games of the 2010 Football World Cup.
Information Courtesy of Gemstone Guesthouse