Ortrud and Peter Herty welcome you to ITHABISENG (Northern Sotho for enjoy yourself ). We had a dream to create this unique Guest Farm in the heart of the unspoiled savannah in Limpopo Province, close to the foothills of the scenic Waterberg mountains.
Our small 8.5 ha Guest Farm is home to wonderful examples of South Africa's magnificent bird life, a wide selection of reptiles, mammals and insects, a small number of Impala & Blesbok. There are also chicken, cats and our two lovely dogs. The pleasantly mild climate during winter with an average of 286 sunny days a year in a malaria free area invite you to walk around the farm or enjoy the beauty of our big garden with numerous subtropical plants.
- Stay in one of our 4 self-catering cottages or our apartment and enjoy the private family atmosphere.
- On request we offer B&B, lunch packages and a set dinner menue. Freshly homebaked cake for your afternoon tea or coffee is available on request.
- You are most welcome to sit on our veranda or in the lounge. There is a selection of games, you may read a book out of our libary, listen to music, watch DSTV, use our ergometer or cross trainer, play darts and pool billiard or simply relax.
- We have a small swimming pool and the "Kid Corner" with 4 different swings, 2 hamocks, a slide, a sand pit, a basktball unit and a selection of outdoor toys and games.
- Watch the sun fade away as you sip a sundowner or sit around the fireplace under a million stars.
- Leave your stress behind you and come to enjoy true peace in the bushveld.
- Wonderfully rustic furnished cottages and apartment and exceptional personal service await the discerning visitor.
- On request all units are serviced daily and the laundry facilities may be used.
From south take the N1 towards Polokwane (Pietersburg). From north take the N1 towards Tshwane (Pretoria). Turn onto the Bela-Bela (Warmbaths) off-ramp R 516 and drive direction Bela-Bela. From south this is the second exit, some 10km to Bela-Bela, not the first one ! Once in Bela-Bela turn right at the T-junction of the Waterfront and carry on over the railway bridge. At the next robot turn left and follow this street (making a sharp right bent) to the intersection with Chris Hani Drive (main road). Turn left onto Chris Hani Drive. On the left you pass the Forever Resorts and the Hospital. Then you come up to a circle. Follow the left turn to Thabazimbi (R 516) for some 3 km. You pass Strawberry Khaya and an orange farm on the right. Our gate is just opposite the end of the the orange farm on the left.
GPS (Source GOOGLE EARTH):
Latitude: 24° 54’ 04.86” S
Longitude: 28° 15’ 52.66” E
IMPALA, BLESBOK & KUDU cottages are each with fully equipped kitchenette integrated in the living room area, Hotel DSTV, 1 bedroom with queen-size bed, 1 bedroom with two single beds (can be moved together for a couple). Each bedroom with shower & toilette, big veranda and barbeque, sleeping 4 persons.
|ZAR 900 *
for 6 occupants
|ZAR 800 *
for 5 occupants
|ZAR 700 *
for 4 occupants
|ZAR 600 *
for 3 occupants
|ZAR 500 *
for 2 occupants
Our thatched BOSVELD cottage has a fully equipped kitchen integrated in the living room area, Hotel DSTV, 1 bedroom with queen-size bed & en-suite shower & toilette, 1 bedroom with two single beds (can be moved together for a couple) & en-suite shower & toilette, 1 bedroom with queen-size bed, separate shower & toilette, 2 semi separated bedrooms on the gallery with 2 single beds each & separate toilette, 2 couches which can be turned into 2 single beds. Big veranda & barbeque, sleeping 10 – 12 persons.
|ZAR 1560 *
for 12 occupants
|ZAR 1540 *
for 11 occupants
|ZAR 1500 *
for 10 occupants
|ZAR 1440 *
for 9 occupants
|ZAR 1360 *
|ZAR 1260 * for 7 occupants||ZAR 1200 *
Apartment GECKO has a small kitchenette, queen-size bed, shower, bath & toilette, small veranda and barbeque, sleeping 2 persons.
|ZAR 450 * for
|ZAR 400 *
for 2 occupants
|ZAR 250 *
for 1 occupant
On request we will be pleased to quote for B & B.
(* Rates in South Africa Rand per unit per night – children up to 2 years free of charge)