5 Erin Oaks
5 Erin Oaks, situated on the superb Erinvale Golf Estate, with a pool area overlooking the vineyards and mountains, is ideal for a holiday in the Winelands: secure (gated residential estate), quiet and yet close to everything.
The villa comprises 3 en-suite bedrooms, comfortable living and dining areas, and two furnished patios to enable you to fully enjoy the superb South African climate. It has a small private garden and a plunge pool. A Weber barbecue is provided.
* All 3 bedrooms have plenty of cupboards and remote-controlled ceiling fans.
* Main bedroom has a kingsize bed and full bathroom, including separate shower.
* Hairdryer and personal safe provided.
* The second bedroom has twin beds and a bath, basin and toilet en-suite.
* The third bedroom has a double bed and a shower, basin and toilet en-suite.
* Bed linen and bathroom towels are supplied. (Please bring your own beach towels.)
* The open-plan lounge and dining room have an airconditioner (heating and cooling) and have comfortable seating for 6 persons. A TV, full DSTV, DVD, and a mini hi-fi are provided.
* The kitchen is very well equipped with microwave, oven, hob, fridge/freezer, washing machine, tumble dryer and the usual small appliances, eg toaster, kettle, blender, coffee-maker,etc. Excellent quality crockery and glassware are supplied.
* The unit is serviced twice a week; daily service can be arranged at an additional cost.
Children over the age of 10 are welcome. Smokers are requested to smoke outside only.
* The house is serviced twice weekly.
* We offer full satelite TV.
* Wireless Broadband Internet access is available (extra charge).
Golfers and Foodies will be in heaven! The Erinvale championship golf course, (designed by Gary Player and twice host to the SA Open) is on site. The course provides panoramic views of false bay from some of the elevated greens and will provide golfers with a challenging round.. No caddies; carry your own or hire a cart. A driving range and professional tuition are available, as well as equipment hire. The club house serves light meals, and there is an excellent Pro Shop. (Please enquire as to dress regulations.) In addition to Erinvale, there are about 10 other excellent golf courses within 30-40mins drive. The Estate has 2 tennis courts.
Erinvale is surrounded by vineyards and restaurants! Adjacent to the estate is Lourensford wine farm and the historic Vergelegen Estate where you can dine or picnic. Wines, cheeses and Olive oils can be tasted and purchased from many of the estates on the various wine routes in the area. Somerset Mall, (10Min) is a large shopping center with an excellent choice of shops, restaurants and cinemas. The beach, at The Strand, is about 12 min drive and offers safe bathing and great walks. If you enjoy walking and hiking, the Helderberg Nature reserve is on your doorstep.
Sailing and deep sea fishing charters can be arranged at near-by Gordon’s Bay, and you are only 40 min(by main road) or a leisurely 90mins (the scenic coastal road) from picturesque Hermanus, world renowned for whale watching. The best time of year is from July to November when the Southern Right whales visit the waters around Hermanus to mate and calve.
From Cape Town International Airport:
Take the N2 to Somerset West.
Exit 43, direction Stellenbosch on the R44.
At traffic light turn right into Main Rd Somerset West.
Proceed until you reach traffic lights at the intersection of Lourensford Rd and Main Rd.
Turn left into Lourensford Rd.
Proceed along Lourensford Rd until you see Erinvale Estate on your left.
Report to Security at the entrance to the Estate.
You will be signed in and directed to the Letting Office.
JANUARY 2008 - JANUARY 2009
PEAK SEASON: (November to April) R1300 per night
MID SEASON; (May, Sept and Oct) R1025 per night
GREEN SEASON: (June, July and August) R850.00 per night
These daily rates are for up to 6 persons.